Monday, April 11, 2011

The Scrapbook Nook

Happy Monday to you all :)

Just one more week until school hols (if you are in Qld) YAY!!!! I have lots of things planned to do with the boys...so I can't wait!  The weather is just sooooo beautiful here at the moment...even a tad on the warm side...just love spending heaps of time outside...even tho I am getting a little sick of wearing the same kind of perfume everyday....BUSHMANS!!!! LOL...mozzies, sandflies and midges are still really bad here :(

Okay back to some scrapping...
I have been over at the Scrapbook Nook for a little while now...only just got up the courage to play along.  I started with Nadia's sketch.



 Cooling Off - Love this action photo of my boys with their cousin taken in December last year.  It was HOT, they were bored inside, too hot to play outside, so I dragged the blow up pool onto the back deck and boy did they have heaps of fun!

Okay...so the sketch had circles.  I used a Prima stamp to create the black swirls in the background.  I just pushed this sketch up into the left hand corner. Using some very yummy Stella and Rose My Minds Eye papers..!


A Purple Pumpkin car button and lollipop flower as well as a Prima flower. :))


To create this look, I sewed a border using my sewing machine, then I got one end and started to rip it off...gave it a real grunge look!


Thanks for looking, hope you all have a great week :))
xx

13 comments:

  1. oh I love this page. What an AWESOME technique you came up with, no doubt about you, clever clever clever :)) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I told you so already but seeing these close ups I love it MORE! what a cool way to create a border! I have to try that. And What i love the most is the patterned paper.. horizontally like that it looks like waves ..or something like that! BEautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummo min... i love that you can put flowers on a boy page and still make it look like testosterone!! this is fab!! :)) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL - love it - they look like they are having fun!!!!! The patterns are really bold and eye catching :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous. Love that border and the paper is just awesome. Love the stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super awesome and I love that border too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The border is great and I love the black stamping, awsome LO :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so fantastic Min :) LOVE this

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous LO Min. Love the swirly stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, love that distressed background with the swirly stamped work, just gorgeous!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hello! : )
    Off to see more of your past posting now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow love the stamping and distressing! Fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow just so fabulous I agree that ripped border is sensational!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete