Tuesday, September 21, 2010

She would...

cuddle you all day if she could....


This LO was created for this challenge over at Pam's Pastimes. The challenge was to use button/s, butterfly/s, Ribbon and Paper Piercing. I don't have any Paper Piercing template things so I just took the thread off my sewing machine and did a border as I would normally do. I really quite like the look of it and may have to use that idea again sometime. So with criteria like that it just begged me to do a LO. I have been wanting to scrap this photo of my sister and Finlay for some time and I am really happy with how it turned out. I NEVER use purple, probably because I have boys, but I had a few purple things lying around and it just looked really good with the lime green. Hope you likey too! :)

There is another Purple Pumpkin button...so yummy!!




Well the sun did peek out for a bit, but has gone again, but thankfully the rain has stopped. The boys are feeling a little housebound so I might send them out this afternoon...I am sure they will love to play in the mud!!!!!

Hope you give this challenge a go...there is a great prize up for grabs!

Have a good day :)

Love
Melinda xo

10 comments:

  1. it's gorgeous Min....


    WOW your sister looks like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like it?? I L.O.V.E this page to bits!!! The purple really pops and I love the cardboard and the teeny bit of bunting. Great idea with the stitching minus the thread. Oh how I wish I had a sewing machine!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, loving all of your work, this is gorgeous, as is all your layouts....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowza Min....this is just stunning!
    Love the purple against the green...gosh, I just love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous Min, love the green and touch of purple. Hope life is treating you well and that you are all settling into your new life

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really eye catching. I don't do purple either but that was the first thing I noticed and loved it. Love the touch of cardboard which amazingly you have added to a page... with a doily....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Min! The colour combo looks great and I love the doily. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a lovely LO Min! Cool idea removing the thread from your sewing machine, it looks great.:)

    ReplyDelete