Friday, November 19, 2010

Mini Album

Last month I really struggled to "love" anything I did, so last week I thought I would do something totally different (ie not a LO for any challenge or anything).  Last year I did a little mini album on Finlay's 1st year, just highlighting a few milestones of things he loved and did each month.  I always wanted to do one for Riley as well, so I pulled out all my stash of bits and pieces (great way to use some of it up) and created this little mini album for Riley's 1st Year.  I love it (hope you do to!)...Finlay's is a fabric album so I decided for Riley's I would do some inking, distressing and sanding just to give it a different feel and look. It was so cute to look back on his baby photos and to read his journal book that I kept of what he did and see the similarities between Riley and Finlay. 

You will spy bits and pieces from Purple Pumpkin in there too :)

Sorry it was very hard to photograph, cause like everything I do, its lumpy and bumpy and doesn't sit really flat, but I am sure you will get the picture.










My hubby has the day at home today!!! WOOT WOOT!!!!! Apparently its too wet for him to be working out at the mines today...suits me! So my plan of a nothing day is turning into "get a few jobs done" hehehe...with a promise (weather permitting) to take the boys out to the dam this afternoon.

Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to leave a comment.  :)
Happy Friday!!
xo

11 comments:

  1. wooweee.. that album is awesome.. (psst.. sub it, haha :) )
    Yes, not looking like the sun will come again today. Good day to get jobs done and craft of course.
    Hope you get to the dam too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous mini!! LOve how you've put it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fantastic! I've never done a mini album, and you've definitely inspired me to think about making something like this one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is the cutest little mini :-) what a special keepsake!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is gorgeous Min. Bet he'll love looking at his little album.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally adorable!! Those papers are perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Min your album is so adorable!! Love all the little details and your year in review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow wow wow...this looks amazing Min - so cute & adorable. Hope you plan to sub it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooohhhhh how cute. You have done a great job on it. Got me thinking about making one now...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work on the mini album. Makes me want to do one but I have about 3 that I have started on over the years and never get back to them.... You have made it look easy. Well done.

    ReplyDelete