Monday, January 24, 2011

Would you believe....

I have done a double!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I can't remember the last time I did a double, it would definitely have to be around the time I first started scrapping and when I thought 2 pages side by side in an album had to be the same/similar....oh how I have changed.  But I must say I had fun doing this one.  I used the latest sketch at Get Picky for my inspiration.  I have had these photos for a while and they were perfect for doing a double and telling the story behind them.

Sketch:


(Boys will be Boyz)!!! The more and more these two get older and closer the more they do and think the same things.  Growing up in an all girl family (5 girls!!) it sure is a learning curve for me...just in how they think, its so different to girls....but I love it and wouldn't swap it for anything! My days are always full of fun and mischief....these two can sure cook up something good.

On this particular day I was inside and could hear water running outside and I thought that is funny, I don't remember leaving the hose running, so I went outside to investigate and found out that these two had discovered the tap to the tank.  They had the most fun filling up their buckets and tipping water over each other!! But unfortunately it was when we had really tight water restrictions in Brisbane and could only use tank water to wash our cars and water the plants, so Daddy took all the fun away by removing the tap.  Had too, didn't know when the next lot of rain was going to come.  Don't have to worry about that now hey!



I really enjoyed doing a scene layout, haven't done that for a while and used the gorgeous Bella Blvd Sunny Happy Skies papers.


Thanks for visiting, hope you all have a lovely week :)
xo

16 comments:

  1. Woot woo! A fabulous double!!! he he he ... can just imagine the mischief these two get up to :-) is this what I have to look forward to with my little boy??? LOL
    Love the pics in black and white and the little 'scene' you have with the tree and clouds and rainbow :-)
    Have a great week!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWESOME Min! Doubles are pretty fun, hey?! Love this! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. just gorgeous Min love it .... great pics too really tells the story .. hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Min I love this!! And how cute are your little boys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is fabulous Min!!! I can't remember the last time I did a double either...maybe I should give one a go...lol

    Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome double LO Min... love it!! How adorable are your pics!! It's been forever since I did a double! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what an awesome double pager, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. FAB double Min, I just love it! You have done a great job of tying the 2 pages together so they flow easily (always the part I seem to struggle with). I've been playing with this Bella Blvd range lately too, isn't it yummy? :-D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love your double Melinda. Love the Kraft base and that gorgeous series of photos. Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yummy min... love the bold colours on kraft. awesome pics too!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. GORGEOUS!!! Love the black and white photos on the kraft with the added colour!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Melinda, your layout makes me smile for so many reasons!!!! Not only is is just gorgeous :):):) but I have little people who loooove water play too.. and the papers are so perfect. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow those pops of pink on a boys layout raelly rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so appealing. The photos look amazing and love the split on the middle one. Great double, so much detail and the colours look fab on the Kraft. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, what a stunning double Min! I love the the b&w photos on the kraft with the splashes of colour! Beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is gorgeous!! I love those papers too - great take on the sketch ;)

    ReplyDelete