Monday, December 3, 2012

Its Summertime!!!

Hi there everyone,

Firstly I need to apologise to everyone who participated in the Imaginarium Designs and Manor House Creations blog hop.  I had down that you were to come from LG's blog but you should have come from Adriana Bolzon's blog. Anyway the information was wrongly given to me so I apologise and I hope you all found your way around in the end.  Thank you so much to all that participated and left me amazing comments...you are the BEST!


****

Okay so just a little business to attend to firstly.  My Christmas GIVEAWAY has come to an end.  Thanks to all you came by, left lovely comments and shared for me.  I am truly blown away. Love you all :)) wish I could pass something on to you all but I promise I will do another giveaway soon!

So the WINNER IS from Random Org.....

 
Julie Tucker-Wolek
 
 
 
And because I can't help myself....
I would love to send some Christmas cheer to:
 
 
Janice Nicholls
and
Kay
 
Please contact me on my email so I can organise postage.
 
****
 
Next I want to share a layout I created way back in October or was it September...anyway it was a while ago but only got shown on the Manor House blog recently.  I have been dying to share it as it is one of my favourites. 
 
At the time I sat down to create this layout I had a mental block, you know how it is..I am sure you have all had them...frustrating aren't they! Well I decided to dig out an old layout and scraplift it! Why not...sometimes its just too hard to reinvent the wheel.  So I am going to share with you first the layout I did ages ago..could be 12 months or more ago.  It was the first time I started to rip and curl the pages.  One of my favourite things to do, I might add.  Okay here goes...don't laugh okay...LOL!! Some of you might remember it....I actually really loved it at the time, still do because its about both my gorgeous little boys....
 
 
So here is the scraplift version. Its actually untitled, only has a quote...I thought the photo just didn't need explaining...
 
So grunging it up a little...I dug out some Prima Craftsman papers and add a small amount of My Mind's Eye papers as well.  This layout is showcasing some of the most gorgeous new flowers Manor House have released.
 
 
"We don't remember Days
We remember Moments"
 

Can you see my cute little bird cage....sigh...ADORABLE...



I made this vine myself.  I had a ton of fun creating this...



Loving the effect Shimmerz has on my layouts and what it adds as well, don't think I will ever get sick of using them.


And WOW just look at that feather flower...so delicate and amazing!

 
So what do you reckon...can you see the similarities?? LOL!
 
And oh its December, its a month full of Christmas fun and happiness, it also means for us in the southern hemisphere.... the start of SUMMER!!!!! And oh how we kicked off the 1st day of summer here...nothing like spending the whole day in the pool.. swimming, relaxing and enjoying some good old family time with lots of laughs and ending the day with a yummy BBQ!
 
 
 

My cute little fish...oh how my boys love to swim!

 
 
Well that is about it for me today...sorry this has turned into a long post. Stay tuned, in the next few days I will share with you my December Daily....I am so excited and happy, its all coming together really well :))))
 
Have a wonderful and creative week and thanks for stopping by :))
 
Hugs
Min xo


14 comments:

  1. Both are gorgeous, the original and scrap-lifted version. Can see similarities, but they are so different. Loved the photos of the boys in the pool, horribly hot here today, enjoy the pool time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMYGOSH!! I am SO EXCITED that I won!!!!! THANK YOU!!! :)

    I loveeeeeeeeee both your pages!! I am loving that fold down technique, the colors, the distressing, and love love love love love the balloons!!! Just GORGEOUS!!!!!

    And LOVING the pool photos!!! Looks like a ton of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm feeling very lucky....Thanks so much Min.
    Your layouts are brilliant.....Love them both. Lots of gorgeous details and embellies on the 2nd one.
    The boys look like they are enjoying the pool time.
    Have a wonderful week. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melinda! Wow, these layouts, as always, a beautiful. I could stare at them for hours! There's always so much fun and whimsy going on.
    Thank you for popping past my blog and checking on me, it's lovely to know I'm thought of in this giant scrapping community! I'm taking a break from my obsession, other things in my life have become a priority so I'm only occasionally scrapping. I'm also terrible at blogging, so I find if a layout isn't for a comp, I struggle to post it!
    Again thank you for your kindness, I'm hoping in the new year I'll make the time for scrapping and blogging again.
    All the best, Erin. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melinda! Wow, these layouts, as always, a beautiful. I could stare at them for hours! There's always so much fun and whimsy going on.
    Thank you for popping past my blog and checking on me, it's lovely to know I'm thought of in this giant scrapping community! I'm taking a break from my obsession, other things in my life have become a priority so I'm only occasionally scrapping. I'm also terrible at blogging, so I find if a layout isn't for a comp, I struggle to post it!
    Again thank you for your kindness, I'm hoping in the new year I'll make the time for scrapping and blogging again.
    All the best, Erin. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both amazing pages - love how you kept the same hot air balloon element :-). I scrap lift older pages too - it sure does make the creative process a bit easier sometimes!! Love all the layers and sooooooooo much to look at in your second page ... I don't think I could EVER achieve that!! Looking forward to learning the messy technique tho ;-) ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Min!!! Both pages are great but it´s real fun to see how your style has changed =). You are so talented and inspiring. TFS =) Just of the record... when I woke up this morning we had -20 celcius ;)

    Hugs Maja

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved your first page Min and remember it and wow, you scrap lifted yourself beautifully with the second. Just stunning. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi.. and I hope you are keeping cool.. it is expected to get really hot tomorrow... and wow.. look how much you have grown in your scrapping.. so many more details and techniques you have used.. absolutely stunning layout. love the first one.. but wow the second one is amazing!! keep cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, love both your pages - your scrap-lifted version is amazing and really reflects where you are at now with your style - simply inspirational :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutly see the similarities and love them both, but the last one is divine! Love th solors, your vines, the flowers and the gears!
    Have a wonderful and creative week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE seeing how styles change & evolve with time. Can't tell you how many of my own pages I've scrap-lifted or simply re-done. My first pages were very simple--then with time I discovered distressing, inking, stamping, painting, misting, mixed media etc...and my style has evolved a lot. I love both your pages though to be honest!! The second one is genius...love how you made the base into one large pinwheel--so innovative!

    Love the family photos...we're heading into winter on this side of the pond. Enjoy those warm summer days!

    Finally a big WOO-HOO for being one of the lucky ones to win! YAY!!!

    Take care...hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would really love to feel your layouts IRL Melinda, all that texture is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing work!!! Congrats to the lucky winners! :D

    ReplyDelete