Friday, April 29, 2011

My little Monkey Man!!

The challenge at 123 this month was this:

Colour:  Lime Green
Word:  Really
Technique:  Fabric

So I set about and created this layout....

Monkey....Well my youngest would have to be more of a monkey than Riley was/is!! He is forever climbing, falling and has so much mishchief in his eyes...in a real sneaky kind of way (lol!!) as he is the quieter one of the two...you would never think it..so I really wanted to do a layout which was totally inspired by the yummy BG Oliver paper (yes I still have some left!!). For some reason the green came out more 'green' than lime green but I promise you it is actually lime green!!


My word 'really'....


And how gorgeous is the cute monkey bottle top...from HERE.  Super super cute :))


Just a close up of my fabric...used it to back my photo.  Love the texture and depth it gave to the layout..will have to do that again I think.


Okay think that is the last of the challenges I will be able to achieve this month! I am really looking forward to another great scrappy month!!!

xx

12 comments:

  1. Wow, love this, that fabric is georgous, and the doilies and misting go perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUCH a cutie :-) reckon he looks a bit like R in this pic?!? Love the monkey paper :-) the fabric looks great!! Hope you guys have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Min.. love all the layered detail and masked background!! Have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just LOoooooove the masked Background It makes you really focus on the middle... The basic grey Paper is FABBO! & the stitching also pops!!!! L.O.V.E It all!
    Thanks for comments you leave ME on my blog, They always Make Me SMILE!! Hugs
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous page, I love the layers under the photo and the stitching. Also thank you for your lovely comments about the cover, it was very exciting and a complete surprise!
    Fiona
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I just loooooove this. The design, the layering, the colors, the embellies. Rocked another one Min.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sigh...you really work the layering soooo well Melinda!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous and stunning page !!!
    I love the layers under the photo and the stitching ...SO GREAT WORK !!!
    thank you for your lovely comments in my blog..I just loved !!
    Have a wonderful weekend!!
    Hugs from Brazil
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the masking Min...the whole LO is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE all the layers and your background is just fabulous...awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Min!!!! Love your masking and the fabric and doily. I had that very same BG paper on my desk for a Purple Pumpkin layout!! Great minds think alike. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete