Friday, July 29, 2011

Colour Combos Galore # 202 and Blog Hop Winner!

Hello everyone,

Man has it really been a week since my last post....!!! So sorry but between going away and then cutting our long weekend short cause the boys got sick to getting back into the swing of things at home and then getting organised to move is just making these days FLY!!!  I am moving house in 2 weeks...finally...so no doubt it will get busier.  We have been renting a house since our move last year and just recently we purchased our own, so I am looking forward to unpacking properly, having more room and finally having my own scrap room!

BLOG HOP WINNER is.......


CONGRATS Sandi!!!
Thanks so much everyone for participating in the 200th Colour Combo Blog Hop....it was a real blast!

Colour Combos Galore #202

We are wrapping up our celebration of National Ice Cream Month with an icy-cool, tart palette. Our Designer's Challenge is Focus on Trend: Use woodgrain products on your project, as inspired by the background in the Inspiration Photo. The woodgrain pattern can appear on patterned paper, embellishments, stamps, or even real wood. Just look at all the different ways the design team interpreted this challenge.


Cherish these moments.....Love it when I can capture these loving moments between the two boys...
For some reason my colours have come out all wrong when I have photographed them...hate that!!! lol!!



More Core'dinations cardstock which I sanded to reveal the woodgrain effect.  Using some old Prima with some new.  The vine is an oldie and the big grey flower is a fairly new one. Red flowers are Kaiser...


A cute XL owl button in there from Purple Pumpkin....


Chippie frame and butterflies are from Scrapmatts....oh so yummy!



Remember you can use neutral colours ie black, white and kraft etc along with these colours.  Look forward to seeing you play along :)))

Off to get some things done...thanks for visiting and have a fantastic weekend :))
xx

22 comments:

  1. I love this so much Min and looks even better in real life too :))
    I have that problem with oclours too - so your not alone.
    Remember to sing out if you want a hand with anything for your move :))
    have a good weekend
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So completely gorgeous....I LOVE your layout! The Core'dinations woodgrain background is divine...I love the beautiful flowers and chipboard, the book paper behind the frame, and the awesome photo of your boys..really stunning.
    Good luck with your move. It's so exciting to move into your own place...especially since you're going to have a scraproom..whohoo!
    Happy packing... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this layout and how you created the wood grain on the background paper! VERY AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is absolutely fantastic! I so love your design and gorgeous mix!!! Simply amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...simply gorgeous!!! Absolutely love that wood grain effect in the cardstock & your design & all the flowers are stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you sound busy! How exciting - a new house!! And a scrap room - YAY!!

    I love this layout, I have that coredinations cardstock too but haven't dared to use it yet! I love every little detail you've packed into this page - it's all kinds of awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that woodgrain BG so much and love how you centred your design - lovely work Min - I hope I have some spare moments to try this one out!! thanks for some awesome inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loooooove that background and your photo and the touches of color. You didn't disappoint, that's for sure. Love it.
    And good luck with the move. How exciting to be going to your own home. YAY.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I meant to say, the best advice I received when we moved was "The last thing you pack is your scrap stuff and the first thing you unpack is your scrap stuff". Not being selfish or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG Min saw this on the site, it's absolutely divine!! LOVE how you've used the Scrapmatts chippie frame and the fab woodgrain background is just perfect!! Good luck with the move. How exciting.. your own scraproom YAY!! Have a lovely weekend :)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Min love the background. how cute is this photo too WOW!!!
    Good luck with your move and all the best in your very own home!!! :)
    take Care
    TONI
    XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Min your work in amazing. I just adore your style and arty touches.
    So now I absolutley have to understand how you did the woodgrain on the cardstock. It's incredible.
    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh so gorgeous Min!!! LOVE that woodgrain Core'dinations. Good luck with your move and enjoy your new scrap room!!!! (I'm a little jealous!! LOL) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Life is so hectic for lots of us at the moment hey, I can understand your decision not to run for masters although I believe you are freaky creative my girl, this layout is amazing, I love that woodgrain effect and the frame of goodies around the photo combined with that gorgeous little owl sneaking through is amazing, I hope things settle down for you soon, you are a stunning scrapper, I love seeing your art, love to you and your family. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!!!!! Your layouts are just divine....love the red embellies you have added, makes the whole layout just "pop"....

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW !!!!!!!!! absolutely LOVE this Melinda :) definately a fovorite. well done x Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooh the Core'dinations paper is so totally perfect! love love love the chippie frame and all the yummies. Everything you create is just so beautiful Min, adore your style! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  18. goodness melinda another stunner here, the CORE looks amazing, and I love all your elements, the flowers as always look fabulous on your boy page!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow Min! That is an amazing layout! I love the texture you have on your work - it's really unique, the way you do it hey! I love how you used those vintage book papers. So rockin' girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey, how did I miss this one??? It's absolutely gorgeous!!! The flourish frame - oh my!!! It looks amazing!! Love what you've done with this colours here - this is my new fav page of yours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Totally droolworthy Min - your work is honestly amazing - you are up there with my top 10 for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW....Love your stunning page! Hugs ~Gerry~

    ReplyDelete