Tuesday, March 6, 2012

CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration

Can you imagine how happy and excited I was to receive an email back in January from the lovely Debbi Tehrani asking me to be Guest Designer in March at CSI!!!! Now I LOVE a good colour challenge but what I love more is inspiration pictures and prompts that go with it.  Nothing better than having a good challenge to push you out of your comfort zone.  If you haven't played along before now, you should. I haven't had a chance to up until now as I have been unwell on and off since January plus a myriad of other things, so I am looking forward to playing along more in the future.

This weeks Case File No. 9 is fantastic...one of my favourites.

 My Mum, My Hero...... Still going through photos of my mum's cancer journey.  This particular photo means a lot to me.  During her gruelling treatment it wasn't the cancer or the chemo that made her so so low (although that didn't help) but it was 'golden staph' the size an orange in her groin, that made her so sick I can still remember so clearly how many times she nearly didn't make it.  In this photo, Dad had taken her outside for a moment of fresh air, after days in Intensive Care. 


Birds cut out from some Glitz paper and a Charms Creations flower.


Testimony: Definition plus a Prima resist bird and flowers.



Look forward to seeing your layout in the gallery.

Have a wonderful day :)
Min xo

23 comments:

  1. This is so lovely, -in true Melinda-style. What a beautiful tribute to your mother. Thanks for sharing, I have missed seeing your layouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the guest stop.. super exciting, thats for sure.
    I absouletly love that page especially all those birds.
    Hope Mr R had a lovely birthday and enjoying your time with your fmily.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exquisite page and an amazing tribute to your mom. I can't imagine how hard that must've been to watch her go through that. Hugs. Thank you for being our guest designer at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colours and layout - congrats on the GDT!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwww Mel, that is so touching and sooo beautiful, you've made me tear up! Just wonderful xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning layout Melinda and I'm sure your mum loves it!!
    Have a great week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout Melinda! What a lovely tribute to your mum that is one of my favorite song and is on one of my favorite movies Beaches!Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh Melinda, this is STunning and I just love how this page is such a beautiful tribute to someone who is such an importart part of your life!

    Thanks so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Min what a beautiful and heartfelt LO. LOVE all the sentiments and gorgeous embellies and beautiful pic. My mum is going through cancer as well and you LO's are so inpsiring and a comfort to see. Thank you. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Min this has brought tears to my eyes.. it is so beautiful.. so heartfelt.. My mum in law is going through chemo for uterine cancer at the moment and she has lost her hair, so i am so touched by anything cancer at the moment.. My heart goes out to everyone who has been touched by this illness... and most people have these days... that looks like a great challenge too.. i have seen it but haven't gotten around to having a go.. really should just make the time and do one.. Your take is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Min another beautiful layout by you....and such a beautiful tribute to your mum...thank you for the inspiration.
    hugz
    irini
    p.s Congrats on the guest Dt position!
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Min!! Wohoooo!! I am always so happy visiting your page. I LOVE LOVE this layout, despite the awesome palette itself, you designed everything so well! Ok bye, I want to see the details again lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is just gorgeous. Love the colours in this challenge. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on GDT!!! OMG, you used those difficult colors so beautifully!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty and beautifully layered up layout Min - fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Simply beautiful! I really love the spread under the pic...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats Min. You have used the colors beautifully. Love that little row below the photo with the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous Layout Min. Beautiful embellishing and sentiment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. so beautiful and heart felt Min....

    ReplyDelete
  20. So gorgeous, so meaningful & so heartfelt Min!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Truly lovely LO and so special on so many levels - I can imagine that there were a few tears as you made it. These are the hardest memories to record but the most meaningful.

    ReplyDelete