Wednesday, May 16, 2012

HBS May Sketch

Hello everyone,
Brrrrr....its getting cold now...my fingers just about froze this morning while I was pegging out the washing...then again it was only 7am.  It warms up nicely through the day though which is lovely.

Okay so I am Guest Designing at Handmade By Suzanne this month using the Echo Park Note to Self range.  The papers are different colours to what I normally work with but after much thought and fiddling I managed to created a layout using the May Sketch designed by Nadia Cannizzo.

Follow your Dreams.... my interpretation of the sketch...it is there I promise...hehe....I did some strip masking with some Sand Glimmermist and then cut out strips of paper from one of the pattern papers in the range. I tore, inked and stitched and then added a few Prima embellishments along with some Dusty Attic barbed wire chipboard.   The word "Dreams" is using some AC thickers which have 2 sticky sides and I was sent some teeny tiny micro beads to use on top.  Never tried that before so hence, its not completely perfect...but who says it has to right?!


Another professional photo from his Kindy days...


A couple of chevron buttons (grey and teal) from an Etsy shop....Greatest View.


Well I have had a morning of baking...scones, chocolate cake and now some biscuits. Off to put it all away.

Thanks so much for visiting :)
Have a great day!

Hugs
Min xo

20 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this page Min!! The colours are gorgeous & that flower cluster is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeee the misting, the flowers and love love love love the branches!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Min!
    What a gorgeous page, I like the colours and can definitely see the sketch in there.
    The branches look great as do the chevron badges - I have some of those on their way to me, can't wait!
    take care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww, this is fantastic Min - really loved how you've used the papers and the sketch. Love the branch/flower cluster. Will have to give this one a go!! Enjoy the sun - we have the same kind of weather over hear ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. This page and your previous one in the post before are so beautiful. You really work your colours so wonderfully, subtle and beautifully balanced.I know you love flowers and you are an absolute expert at working with them, as your pages are never too "tussy" (I don't know if that's an actual word, but I'm sure you know what I mean), they have a lovely, dreamy sort of 'earthy' naturalness about them. You are so clever. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pop of red here! Totally love Greatest View stuff too ;-). The pic is too cute! Can't wait to see what else you create with this range :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those colours! so many things to love, not seen those AC alpha letters before you did a great job with them! Hope you don't freeze up over there lol Tx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous layout Min! Love the branches and colour scheme and the misting. All so beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi.. This is gorgeous! I always adore your creations, I love the details, all the special little things you do.. fabulous take on the sketch...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely layout & what a gorgeous photo!! Oooh your baking sounds yum....

    ReplyDelete
  11. truly superb Min.. wow.. all the detail and that stitching.. gorgeous work.. wowzers...

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is a super cute page.. I love how its minimal but yet its just gorgeous... not sure how to put it into words.
    AND love those cards in your previous post too.
    Have a good day x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this!!! Great colour scheme and those red flowers really pops and lifts the photo. You are so inspiring.

    Hugs Maja

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh another 10 out of 10 this is stunning that red really popsoi out of the park as always, and thanks so much for supporting greatest view!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Min. Gorgeous flowers and details on a boy page as only you can do.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Unusual colours for you,.. yeah maybe.
    But just as always equally unusually beautiful! Love what you created with Nadias sketch. Lovely work!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is just grgeous, love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous!! love those pretty colors

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love how you use the flowers - not too feminine for a little boy - the red just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Min, this is just stunning!!
    I love all the amazing details you put into all your work!
    Hugs
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete