Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Happiness is....

Hello everyone,
Did you know that Manor House Creations and Twiddleybitz have teamed up this month! I was so lucky to be sent some gorgeous OTP chipboard projects from Twiddleybitz. The first project I did was using this gorgeous 3D Shadow Box.



So I transformed it into this.....


"Happiness"


I did my usual ripping/tearing/curling and had oodles of fun creating this cute little beach scene.  This photo was taken at Easter time while camping at the beach.  This place is seriously so beautiful and amazing, a real little bit of paradise.   This beach is privately owned...well sort of I guess...the owners (who we know) property backs right up to the beach and the public can't access it.  So the shells that were on this beach were truly amazing, fully intact and just beautiful...I think we collected a few buckets of shells while we were there.

Anyway, enough rambling...happiness is really just enjoying these little moments together...I have used loads and loads of Shimmerz products on this layout to give it a real beachy/sparkly feel. Photos just don't do it justice but you will get the idea I am sure :))



Beautiful Manor House flowers....





I am really into beads and sequences at the moment, so they were fun to add!




And look what we got on the weekend....a very cute little dog for the boys...awww...these photos melt my heart! Very good friends of ours are heading off for a trip around Australia and needed a new home for one of their dogs.  Mimi (named from previous owners) is just gorgeous, so well behaved and very good with children.  Haven't heard her bark once and she does lots of sleeping...hehe...so over the weekend she got loads of cuddles and smothered in attention from the boys...While Riley is at school, Finlay just sits outside with Mimi, talking to her and giving her lots of pats...a great little friend for him :))




Sorry this is such a long post!

Can't believe its August tomorrow...where is the year going!! Will be back to share another Twiddley project soon.

Thanks so much for visiting, your comments really keep me going :))

Have a great day!
HUGS
Min xo




22 comments:

  1. love that canvas, I really do.. so much in there to look out and love the torn photo :)
    aww... a puppy.. the boys are going to have so much fun with Mimi. CUTE cute photos :))
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwwwwwww!! This is GORGEOUS!! I love love love love the photo and those shells!!! And what a CUTEEEEEEEEEEE puppy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Min! I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a stunning creation. Congrats on the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous Melinda....love,love,love this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Stunning piece of art =) Love it! The torn photo is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love that project Min, it's so gorgeous!!! Awww and those piccies are so sweet.....I just took some of Kobi and our dog today too:):) Take Care Min xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Min, your shadow box is really gorgeous.. I love the beads and I am sure the photos of your creation doesnt do it justice.. and Mimi will get lots of love I am sure.. and I think it is good to get a dog and not have to go through the torture of puppy training.. and yes I am with you... where are the days going??? just flying...

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so gorgeous, love it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS!!!
    Love the pictures :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well it certainly looks like Mimi has come to the right home.
    Love the shadow box Min. So soft and love that little scenery with the gate and shells etc.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow this is gorgeous Min. Love the shells and beads, really beautiful! What precious photo's of the boys with their new pet, looks like she will be well loved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, that is a gorgeous shadow box! And I can't wait to see those gorgeous photos of your boys and the doggy on a layout! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. AWWWWWWWWW...Ok my heart just melted with those photos of your little boys with Mimi!!! LOVED THAT!!! Those are 'scrap worthy' hint, hint! I have my own little fur-ball and have such a soft spot for animals in general. If there's something I love to see is children giving love to thier pets! That 3D box you made came out fantastic!! Love the textures you added to the background and your use of beads...I'll have to try that soon since I have a good amount of beads in my stash simply collecting dust! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your work is stunning! New follower here! Your boys are adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. THis is to die for Melinda my fav bit i sthe torn photo, that technique i sjust perfect for this project!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The shadow box looks fantastic Min! Such a beautiful keepsake. Love the pics of your new doggy. Looks like your boys love him to bits. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous shadow box Min. Love the beach scene you created. The shells are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful work Min! And very lovely photos!! Mimi looks like a darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Min, this is just stunning!!
    I just adore your work :0)
    The photos are so cute!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete