Thursday, July 18, 2013

2Crafty Chipboard & more Maggie Holmes Crate Paper Inspiration

Hi Everyone,
 
Hope you are all well.  I have been feeling a little under the weather this week ..sigh.... your immunity just isn't the same when you are pregnant.
 
Anyway, its my turn again to share a layout I created on the 2Crafty Blog as part of my Guest Design work..  And as promised here is some more Maggie Holmes Crate Paper inspiration.  Just love the gorgeous deep turquoise colour in the papers.
 
 
"Your Smile"
 
 
On this layout I am using 3 gorgeous 2Crafty chipboard pieces.
 
- Tattered Hearts
- Vintage Birds
- Floral Branch
 
Below is the one of the Tattered Hearts which has so many different layers on it. I wanted to go for a two toned look so I primed it first with Gesso, then it has a layer of modelling paste for extra dimension, I then sprayed it with some Vintage Pink Tattered Angels Glimmermist, then using my finger I rubbed some Turquoise Shimmerz in random places and lastly I inked the edges using a chalk ink pad. 
 

The same techniques were used for the Vintage Bird, although he got a little extra sparkle and I added some glitter to his tail :)


I chose to keep using the same techniques for all 3 pieces of chipboard so they would all blend in.  But in this case with the Floral Branch, I only applied everything VERY lightly as I wanted the detail of the flowers to still be visible.  I added some Liquid Pearl in the centre of the flower for added detail.


 
Next layout I created for Manor House Creations. This is a photo of my eldest son with his cousin taken at Easter time while we were away camping.  Just love the relaxed feel of this photo...my favourite of them both :)  still using Maggie Holmes Crate Papers..
 

I got a little inky and messy creating this layout and it felt so good :) using one of MHC new vines which I chopped in half and added one piece to the bottom of the photo and other to the top to create a visual flow.  This flower cluster is made of up some new release flowers as well as some from previous releases.  I love how all the different styles and texture of the flowers go together. Everything got a little going over with a paint brush and some gesso for a shabby feel!





 
Okay well that's enough for one day, I still have lots of catching up to do tho so I will be back very soon...I have even done some challenges for this month...yay me!
 
Till next time
Hugs
Min xo 

9 comments:

  1. this is sooooooo gorgeous!!! loving the colors and the flowers!!! i hope you feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are better real soon! Beautiful page, lovely effects on the chipboard!! Love the pics too :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Min! These are so gorgeous.. full to the brim with lots of loveliness.. and I hope you are feeling better real soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sweet pages Min, love them, hope you feel better soon, take care of that belly♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. love how detailed and layered your work is - always gorgeous to look at and very inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are outstanding! Fabulous details and layering!:)

    ReplyDelete