Friday, July 26, 2013

July Shimmerz Challenge...

Back again today with another challenge I completed this month...:))

This was a challenge that I have been meaning to participate in for a while now, well since it started doing challenges....Shimmerz Paints!

This month was a fairly easy one, and masking is something I just about do on every layout, so I hopped straight to it!

 
"Summer Memories"


Okay the Shimmerz products I used on this layout are:

Colouringz - No Yoking
Colouingz - Heidi-Ho Blue
Vibz - Abomidable Blue
Shimmerz - Sunny
Pearlz - Blue By U


On this layout I used a Prima 6 x 6 Checker Mask.  I randomly sprayed the Heidi Ho Blue, Abomidable Blue in a few different spots and then watered it down more by spraying some water over the places where I misted.  This was starting to create my water coloured effect.  To highlight it even further I went in a painted on some Sunny and Blue By U.  Again I watered these down by spraying on some water and letting it pool in different areas. 

Next I used the middle part of a paper towel (umm cant think of the name of it but you know what I mean..well I hope you do...lol!!) I sprayed down the inside to create a ring effect and then as it dribbled down, I stamped a circle with the excess for more definition.


LOVE this gorgeous chipboard butterfly from the Crate Paper On Trend collection.


The day I did this I wanted to create something different.  I wanted to experiment and get my confidence back in scrapping.  So I just chopped up some square/rectangle pieces of paper (no measuring here) and pasted them down as my background.  Went over them with some gesso to matte it all together.  Then I pulled out my stamps.  This Prima rectangle stamp I have had for AGES, like a few years I think...never been used.  I think I have fallen in love with stamping.. This stamp is my new favourite!


I have also gone back to a bit of doodling...ruling some lines and going around the mask using a lead pencil...very therapeutic!



Overall I am happy with this layout and it definitely gave me the confidence to experiment more.

Thanks so much for visiting!
Hugs
Min xo
 

9 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is just sooooo amazing!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm not sure why that came up anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing Min! Love all the back ground details.. ah summer.. it will be here soon enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, so fresh, so summer!
    thanks for the huge inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again another STUNNING Creation MIN... ♥ this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeeeee the colors, the layers and loveeeeeeeeee the butterflies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow!!! This is really lovely, Min! Challenges are fun aren't they? :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is stunning Min! What an amazing background! Thanks for sharing your techniques. xx

    ReplyDelete