Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Flying Unicorn April KOM & Once Upon a Sketch

Hi my lovely friends :)

I have been a slack blogger lately and have heaps of catching up to do which I hope to do over the next week or so.  We have started our 2 week school holidays here this week and the boys are buried deep in their lego boxes with their little brother always underneath them...he can't miss out on any action especially now he is crawling!

Okay back to this months Kit of the Month at Flying Unicorn.  Its full of 7 Dots Cold Country papers gorgeous embellishments and mixed media products.  But I have to be honest, it was the hardest kit to date for me to work with...dark grungy papers and purple...I will say no more..lol! It took me ages to "get into it" but when I did I was fairly happy with what I did.


This month Flying Unicorn are Guest Designers at Once Upon a Sketch...a challenge site that I LOVE but just never find the time to play along these days.  We were asked to create a layout based on this sketch and criteria.
..


Journalling Theme: "An event that changed my life..." 

You are free to interpret our theme ANY WAY you like. It is for your inspiration and this theme word DOES NOT need to be part of your title or journalling. But please make sure your layout is based on the sketch below and includes journalling (hidden journalling is fine). Acceptable journalling is MORE than just a sentence, or generic writing such as date/place etc. It needs to be present and at least 3 lines long. Remember, hidden journalling (under a photo/tag or behind your page) is perfectly fine but please DO let us know in your post where your journalling is! 


My example...

"You Complete Me" 



No explanation really needed for why I chose to scrap about the 4 handsome men in my life...my life has definitely so much more meaning to it with them surrounding me...love them to bits :)


Every month we get spoilt by the mixed media products that come with the kit and add ons. Alda does such a great job in getting the colours right to match the flowers and papers etc...  This month we received some Shimmerz Vibez in Jeni B Bleu which I have used in my background.  I have added some extra stamping using my favourite Prima Stamp.


Beautiful Prima flowers...love the colours.  I added some extra flowers and a Prima vine to keep with my style..lol!  And some circle chipboard which I have painted in Solar Gold Silks Acrylic Glaze.



Hope you are inspired to play along this month at Once Upon a Sketch.  Flying Unicorn are a sponsor and the prizes are amazing!

Be back with some more inspiration soon.
Hugs xo

5 comments:

  1. Priceless photo and wonderful layout to showcase it. Love the title too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the flowers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Min!!! Gorgeous pic of your boys too :) I can't believe Luca is crawling already....that's crazy!! Hope you are having a nice holiday with the boys....we are heading to the beach house tomorrow and they are hanging to go see the Lego movie too...big hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so beautiful! Special photo too! Lovely background! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This page is gorgeous!!!! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete